David Davis, MP for at least a full half an arse, has coming out swinging this afternoon in the face of criticism of his having redacted information from the so called Brexit impact assessments.
“I gave the select committee of meddling representatives the 52% that matters,” he blustered, “the other 48% is of no consequence anymore. It’s blindingly obvious if you see how we behave. The final decision of democracy in the U.K. was taken on the 23rd June 2016.
He expressed further concerns that the EU might have spies within the actual committees of government as further reason for withholding information in spite of the direction of parliament.
“He’s trying to add to the mood music,” an aide to Davis told LCD, “EU spies and potential leaked and traded information. It’s guff to try and instill an us versus them. When we all know currently it’s them, our own MPs, versus us the people.”
There is some sense in that given that expecting the EU has things to find out about the UK is a bit like expecting any couple getting divorced after forty odd years of marriage not to know each other inside out.
Davis is talking nonsense. It’s the people he serves he doesn’t want to see whatever perfunctory work he’s done.
Although Davis will continue to bluster and waste time before capitulating. The defining trait of the May administration.
“Davis should just have handed over 1% of the reports,” LCD’s Tax Haven specialist commented, “as that is really the only percent that is being served by Brexit.”